Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Read to the doggies

Twice a month, our public library has a night where a group of people bring in their trained dogs. Kids come in and are allowed to read to one or all of the dogs. This is a chance for kids to read to someone who will just sit there and listen to them. They don't care if they mis-pronounce a word or how long it takes them to figure out what the word says. It's very helpful and fun for the kids.

It is a great help to me, as well. I love listening to Cody read and I am very happy and proud he reads so well, but there are times when I just want to give in and tell him the word he's trying to sound out. There are just some days I can't handle it (I'm a horrible person, I know, but we've all been there I'm sure).

This past Tuesday, Cody got to read to Champ. He was the sweetest dog and just sat there and listened the entire time. At the end, he even bowed for Cody when he finished!


Cody reading to Cade and Champ



Cody and Champ


The boys love the library. It is a fight to get them out of it! I usually have to bribe them in order to leave without making it a huge ordeal. I guess that's much better than a fight to get them to go to the library!

Cody helping Cade on the computer



Cody and Cade love the statue in front of the library for some reason


We'll be back in two more weeks to read to another set of dogs. Until then, Cody will just have to settle for reading to me...

No comments: