Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Haunted Sucker

We're being haunted by a sucker! I'm not exaggerating, I was 99.9% sure a sucker was out to get us.

A pink one, if you really must know.

Last night, Cole was eating a sucker. He was playing with it more than anything and causing everything in his path to get sticky.

So, being the awesome mother I am, I took it away from him and threw it away. Of course this led to the pure delight of an uncontrollable, screaming one year old.

After a few minutes, he calmed down and was back to his happy self. Only it wasn't because I let him scream it out and eventually he gained control of himself again. No, it was because he had that pink sucker back in his mouth!


Holy sucker, batman!

Now, you're all thinking....duh, he just got the sucker out of the trash! Well, I'm here to tell you, unless he climbed inside the trash can to get the said sucker, there was no way he could have reached it.

But sure enough, when I checked the trash, the sucker was gone!

Baby Houdini or a haunted sucker?

We know I'm not one for letting my kids pull a fast one on me, so I took the sucker away from him, yet again, and cleaned him up. This time, I put the sucker in a plastic bag and threw it away in the bathroom trash can under an empty shampoo bottle.

Twenty minutes later, Cole had the sucker in his mouth again!

What the...???

This was getting ridiculous!

My baby is smart, but not that smart! He didn't see me go in the bathroom or put the sucker in a plastic bag! So, how was this sucker in his mouth again??

Round three...I took the sucker away from him but this time, I put the sucker in an empty juice bottle, on the counter, far out of his sight and reach (I was going to just go throw it in the outside trash but it's freakin' cold and it was just going to have to wait).

Ten minutes later the juice bottle is open, empty, and lying on the kitchen floor!

I.dont.think.so!!!!

I will NOT be outsmarted by a one year old!

The sucker was taken away again, but this time I just put it on the counter in plain sight. Obviously it's pointless to try to hide it and I wanted to see the haunted sucker in action.

Sure enough, within ten minutes the sucker was removed from the counter and placed in Cole's hands.

I wasn't outsmarted by my one year old or the sucker...I was outsmarted by my two year old!

I had not noticed him watching me when I threw the sucker away or put it on the counter. I thought he was in the other room playing. He waited until I was busy doing something else and snuck the sucker back to Cole. He doesn't like hearing his brother cry (unless he's the reason for the crying). Cade is a little guy and would not have been able to reach the sucker either except he is smarter and carried a stool around to help in his little mission.

He was also smart enough to hide the stool when he was done! Either that or I taught him well when it comes to putting things back when he's done with them. I'm thinking the hiding of it is a stronger probability!

From now on, when I snatch a sucker out of a very upset one year old's hands, I'll be making sure no two year olds are lurking behind the walls.

If they're covering for each other now, I'm in BIG trouble later!


What Cade didn't expect was Cole turning on him and trying to steal his sucker out from under him. So much for brotherly love...


*I do realize my pictures are blurry and that's because my camera sucks. I am saving up money to buy me a new one! I can't stand not having good pictures!*

1 comment:

Vicki J. Dooly said...

Hahahahaha! OMG - too funny! I can't wait to have kids! :-)