Sunday, February 21, 2010

Rainy Weekend Fun

We had a pretty wet weekend. I love the rain, but not when we have all five kids...and their friends.

So, what did we do??

We did paper mache!

McKinly asked me last week if I would do this with her since she had just made a paper mache monkey at school. This weekend was a perfect weekend for it.

Saturday Cody had a basketball game then I took all the kids to Chuck E. Cheese (that post coming soon) and when we got back, we got to work...


McKinly and Cade covering their balloons



Cody working on his.



Hey look, it's Ty!! He is usually too busy running around to be in a picture, but I finally got one of him!



One of the penguins so far...



How do you keep a one year old from getting into all the paper mache stuff?? You sit him at the table and give him a ding dong, that's how!



McKinly with her turtle before any of the details



Her finished turtle. We decided to put shamrocks on it's back for St. Patrick's Day. They can come off so she can put different things on for each holiday. Notice my awesome Hibiscus flower.



The face.
The head is a little big but she's still cute.



Cade helping put the construction paper on one of the penguins



Our finished boy penguin.



Our finished girl penguin



McKinly, who did most of the work, with all three of her projects



All three finished projects


It took McKinly and I all Saturday night and all day Sunday to finish, but we had a great time. McKinly is hoping to make more when my family is in town for Spring Break!

No comments: