Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Love/Hate Relationship

Cody and Cade are the worst when it comes to fighting. It literally drives me insane. They can't go a single minute without purposefully making the other mad. It's crazy, annoying, and very painful to listen to.

I'm not going to sugar coat their behavior and pretend they're all perfect angels to each other. That would be lying and my grandpa always told me "you can go to hell for lying the same as you can for stealing".

Plus, that would be a whole lot of lying and I don't think God is down with that!

But if you separate them, they can't stand it. It hurts them to be away from each other. Cody went to the Thunder game the other night with TJ, and after they had been gone for about an hour, Cade came in the room asking where Cody was. When I told him he wouldn't be home until later, he started to cry. He said, "but I just want my Cody back. Please, bwing Cody back home".

Even though my little man was sad, it made me happy. Not happy he was crying, but happy he missed his brother so much. Every time they fight I wonder what I'm doing wrong. But after tonight, I realize I'm doing something right. They love each other and that means I'm raising them exactly how I should be.

This is a picture from last year...I want to be wearing shorts!

No comments: