Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day

I love every holiday. It's not a secret, so it's no surprise I like to celebrate this holiday with the kids as well. My husband, however, does not enjoy this holiday. I convinced him to at least bring his daughter flowers. He gave me a look of disapproval but after I assured him it wouldn't cost $40, he manned up and brought her some. I knew I wasn't getting any flowers but I at least thought she is too young to know her father's hatred for the holidays.

We don't need Cupid to bring us love around here, we have plenty of it, so we have the Valentine Armadillo who brings us presents (something my mom started years ago). It's a fun little tradition we have and the boys love it.


The loot before the boys attacked it.



The boys ran to the table as soon as they woke up to see what the Armadillo brought them.



Cole tried to eat the chocolate with the wrapper still on.



For breakfast, the boys ate heart shaped donuts



My three special Valentines

(the boys each had a Zhu Zhu Pet in their mail boxes this morning and they have played with them all day long! They are in the girl section at the store but they're not too girly. They have boy ones too)

If the heart shaped donuts were not enough, we had a heart shaped pizza for lunch!



TJ liked the "broken heart"


As soon as the little ones went down for a nap, Cody and I started making our dessert for after dinner. We were making conversation heart Rice Krispie Treats.


First, we had to melt the marshmallows.


Then we added the food coloring (we had to make three different batches for three different colors).




The final product before the words were put on



And here are a few with words...


Next up, St. Patricks Day! I already bought the boys some apparel they get to wear and we will have family in town to make it that much better!!

No comments: