Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Brown eyed boy

My favorite color is blue and I have always wanted kids with blue eyes. Especially brown hair and blue eyes. I didn't think it would be possible since I have brown eyes. Brown is dominant and I figured there was no way, with my strong brown gene, that I could produce not just one, but two boys with blue eyes. I'm not a biology wiz or anything you know, since I had to take the class twice in college before I finally got a C, but I obviously carry the blue gene as well.

When Cole was born, his eyes started changing blue just like the older two. I was sure he would have blue eyes as well. I even have a picture of him at 4 months old with pretty blue eyes.

Shortly after that, his eyes took a turn in a different direction. They started to get darker. Before long, I became the mommy of a brown eyed boy.

Very pretty brown eyes.


But they're not just brown, they have a little green in them as well.


The older he gets, the more green they become


I always wanted kids with blue eyes but that was before I realized how pretty brown could really be.


I am excited that not only will I get my brown hair/blue eye combo with Cody and Cade, but I'll also get my little brown eyed boy. Probably the only thing any of them get from me. :)

2 comments:

Kerri said...

I found your blog through Kelly's Korner. Cute post. I have blue eyes and my husband has hazel but our son has the bluest blue eyes! :)

Crystal said...

What a cutie!!! He has beautiful eyes!!!