Friday, October 19, 2007

Still Loving It!

Since my kids are young and tend to get excited about something for 5 minutes and then move on, it's a relief that Cody still absolutely loves the swing set. (which is great considering it's not something you want to spend that much money on and only have them playing on it for a day or two.)

Cody plays on it night and day. When he's awake, he wants to be outside. Since it's in our backyard, I'm not even too particular with the way he's dressed either.

We were working on his potty training again (it happens off and on, he's still afraid of his little potty. He'll go down huge slides, play with enormous dogs, jump over the couch to tackle Ty but will run screaming in the opposite direction when I ask him to sit on his cute, music playing potty...go figure). I only let him run around in his underwear when we're in the potty training sessions so he doesn't get more clothes wet if he has an accident. He wanted to go play outside so I just put a sweat shirt on him with his underwear and he came out of his room with two different colored Crocs on. I normally would NEVER let my child go outside looking like this but hey, no one can see in our backyard, right?




He will stay out there past dark if I let him
(He now has clothes on and matching Crocs)


When the other kids aren't here to play with him, he's just as happy playing out there with Sammy


Do the kids enjoy the swing set more or do I??

post signature

2 comments:

Texas Aggie in Florida said...

That's AWESOME! Our kids have been playing so much outside too lately now that it's finally cooled down a bit, you know, to 88 degrees rather than 97. And on a sidenote, I'm SO jealous that it's apparently cool enough there for your kids to wear sweatshirts??? WOW! I'm still sweatin silly around here!

Pam Roberts said...

I bet it's fun for Mommy too! Cody looks so happy on his new swing set. He has one great daddy to make that for him!