Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Halloween is an EVIL Holiday

...and I'm not talking about any religious or nonreligious aspects of the day either...I'm talking about all the damn, delicious candy the kids come home with. I mean, come on, help me out a little here. How am I supposed to be losing weight when I have to eat this candy. When I say have to, I mean I HAVE to.

Cody will take a bite out of a perfectly good piece of candy and then want to throw it away. What, you think I should just let him waste it like that?? No!! I have to be the bigger person here (and I do mean bigger) and finish the candy for him. It's the right thing to do! I am just thinking of all the starving kids out there who would give anything for some food and here I am, letting my 2 year old just throw pieces of candy like that away?? Oh no, I have to think of those kids who would never waste food...I have to eat it for them!

Except for the peanut kind. I'm not big on peanuts. Peanut butter I can handle, just not the crunchy kind. I'll let Cody get rid of those (the starving children wouldn't want peanuts either, I have come to that conclusion. Or coconut, they don't like coconut either).

Whoever thought it was a good idea to send kids out to go door to door begging for candy had an evil side to them. Obviously they were mad at their parents for trying to make them eat healthy and they just wanted to taunt them with creamy milk chocolate and some soft nougat.

The thing is, I don't even like candy that much, I never really have. I just think because I know I'm not supposed to have it, I want it even more. It just sits there, on our kitchen counter, calling my name. I guess shoving it all in my children's mouths so I don't have to have it in my house is not such a good idea either! Oh well, I guess I will just have to convince myself carrot sticks are far more delicious than chocolate covered caramel or those little peanut butter cups!


Sad thing is, it's not even Halloween yet and his trick-or-treat bag is already overflowing. I just might have to redistribute his candy to the little trick-or-treaters who come by our house tomorrow night.

post signature

1 comment:

Pam Roberts said...

I bought candy for my students to sort and graph for math tomorrow, and I fear that I am going to be stuck with it since we can't give out candy at school. I guess we'll be in the same boat...I just hate to throw that goodness away!