Tuesday, November 06, 2007

It's a bird, It's a plane, It's just Cody

Cody's new thing is to stand on the brick around the shelves in the living room and jump to the couch. This may sound like something he might get hurt doing, but the more I think about it, the more I realize the chances of him getting hurt while jumping a very short distance to a big, squishy couch is slim. So, we continue to let him pretend to be whatever "super hero" he is pretending to be at that moment.

Today, however, he decided to move down the brick a ways and try to "fly" to the couch which was much farther away at this point. He just stood there on the edge of the brick wondering how he was going to get from where he was, to where he wanted to be.

The conversation went as follows:

Cody: "Mommy, I gonna fly to the couch"

Me: "how are you going to do that, Cody?"

Cody: "I be a rocket ship and fly to the couch" He begins to jump up and down
"Mommy, I can't fly"

Me: "You can't? Can you pretend to fly?"

Cody: "Mommy, I can't fly, I don't have wings"

Me: "Rocket ships don't have wings"

Cody: "I not a rocket ship anymore, I'm a bird"

Me: "Oh, I thought you were a rocket ship"

Cody: "I a bird now, but I can't fly because I don't have wings. Mommy, I need wings. I have idea...we go to the grocery store and buy wings."

Me: "Cody, we can't buy wings, you're not a bird"

Cody: "I pretending to be a bird, I need wings to fly high up in da sky"

Me: "Why don't you pretend I took you to the grocery store to buy you some wings"

Cody: "Momma you not funny!"

And all this time, I thought I was!





post signature

4 comments:

Pam Roberts said...

Geez... you can't buy wings at the store. Silly girl!!

Tasha said...

I think you're funny... LOL

Anonymous said...

I laughed.....maybe he just didn't get it! :)

Texas Aggie in Florida said...

Not sure what it is with kids and wings but my girls were SO excited when I told them they were going to be birds at Halloween. They were sure their felt wings Daddy made them would truly make them airborne. Hey, you should make some felt wings and pin them to his shirt. I found sheets of felt at Michael's for .20 cents. So then I guess it really would be like buying wings at the store.