Friday, January 22, 2010

Happy 12th Birthday McKinly

I can't believe she is already 12 years old. Only one more year until she's in her teens and only four more years until she can drive! Look out Oklahoma!

I was there when she started to learn to sit up on her own. I was there when she was learning to crawl and I was even there when she ate her first roach (I'm still sorry, Katy, that I had to drive all the way to your house just so you'd come pick the dead roach off the floor because I refused to touch it. At least I snatched her up fast enough and she spit it out!)


I like knowing, like with my own kids, my friends have memories of her since she was a tiny baby. She has been around my family, friends, and myself since she was 3 month old.



McKinly is the happiest when everyone else is happy. I love that she enjoys going down to visit my family in Texas, even by herself. It makes me very happy that she is so close to them.



She is the perfect daughter, step daughter, sister, and friend anyone could ask for!



Happy 12th Birthday baby girl. You're very, very loved!


*TJ is taking her out to dinner tonight, just the two of them, and hopefully I'll get some good, recent pictures of her. She is growing up way too fast!*

2 comments:

Tasha said...

Happy Happy Birthday McKinly!!

Pam Roberts said...

We have loved you since the day we met you! You are one awesome girl!