Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Bragging Rights

As a mother, I am allowed to brag. It's my job. If you don't brag about your own kids, then who will? Right?

So, here it goes...

Cody is my sweet, little man. He never wants to hurt any one's feelings. He tells me I am gorgeous at least three times a day (I do not pay, bribe or threaten him...he started this on his own without any coaxing from me). He wants to do his best and loves to be praised when he has done well. He is a typical four year old.

He is also very smart. He has taught himself to read with very little help from me. Of course I read to him every night but he really has learned to read on his own. He can read very well for his age.

He has also taught himself how to do math. It all started in the car one day when he told me what 6+6 was. I decided to ask him some other problems and he figured out the answer to them all. When we were in Texas for Thanksgiving, we figured out he could add three or more numbers together. He was doing it all in his head and when we asked him how he was doing it without his fingers, he would just say "the little guy in my brain is helping me". (a little freaky, yes!).

So last night I decided to try actually writing the problems down and seeing if he could figure them out. Even big numbers. To our surprise, he got all the answers correct! The kid is a sponge, he just absorbs anything and everything! I know there are a lot of kids who can do this, but I am very proud of my little man!!

And of course, I took a picture of his work!!


He was even a little offended when he thought some of the problems were "too easy"!

2 comments:

Ann said...

Wow! I am very impressed! Go Cody!

Vicki J. Dooly said...

WOA!!! That's awesome!!! :-)