Thursday, July 31, 2008

15 month appointment

Yes, I do realize Cade is 17 months old now but I kind of forgot to take him to his 15 month appointment. I had called to go ahead and schedule his 18 month check up when they informed me I still hadn't seen the doctor for his 15 month.

What can I say, I'm a horrible mother!

They got him in right away considering we're going to have to go back for more shots in just another month.

Cade did surprisingly well considering he received three shots. The first two weren't too bad but the last one stung a little so he cried pretty hard. I hate having to hold him down while the mean ol' nurse sticks him with needles.

The doctor had a concern with the fact Cade has not gained any weight since his 12 month check up. He weighed in at a whopping 20 lbs. 3 oz. They said if he hadn't eaten breakfast that morning, he probably wouldn't have even hit the 20 lb. mark.

At 12 months, he was in the 5% ranking for his weight. Now, he's not even on the charts. He is below the curve altogether.

Eating is not an issue with him. He eats more than Cody and Ty combined. My child is a pig! If you have been around him, you know!

So, the doctor decided to get some blood work. We had to go to the lab down the hall where they could draw blood from his tiny vein. I thought he would freak out but he actually did great. He whined a little when they first stuck the needle in his arm but then just watched it as they filled three tubes up with my baby's blood! Cade did MUCH better than me. I wanted to puke!

Cade liked wearing the bright green tape around his arm that stopped the bleeding. It was a couple hours before I could convince him to let me take it off. I guess it made him feel tough!

I didn't have my camera with me so this is just a cell phone picture but it will have to do. You can see the green tape around his left arm!


I had to go pick the other kids up at a friend's house where Cade had a popsicle so that is why his shirt was off. I don't just take my child out in public without a shirt on...just to let you know!


Hopefully the weight thing is nothing, but we'll find out soon enough.

post signature

2 comments:

Pam Roberts said...

Poor baby Cade! Praying for good results.

Jenni McCarty said...

Hope everything is okay with Baby Cade. Let us know how things turn out.