Friday, July 04, 2008

Picking Blackberries

I am always trying to find things to do to keep the kids busy during the summer. So when Cody told me he wanted to go "berry picking" because he saw it on Go, Diego Go I decided to look on the Internet and see if there was a place we could go around here.

Little did I know, there is a blackberry farm only 10 minutes down the road.

Cody was very excited to go especially since My mom, my sister Chandler, and my niece Shelby are in town!


Cody picking his berries



I think Cade enjoyed picking berries even more than his brother



Walking through the bushes with Nana



Cody found a little bunny and was able to get pretty close



Cade, Aunt Chandler, and Shelby



He got tired of walking around and tried to cut through an opening in the bushes



Cody showing off all his blackberries



His work didn't end there, I made him wash all the berries when we got home


Now if I could just get my mom to hurry up and make me my Blackberry Cobbler!

post signature

2 comments:

Texas Aggie in Florida said...

Oh how fun!!! I'm jealous! I was just thinking today that I'd like to find a place to pick blueberries. My kids eat blueberries like they're candy.

Tasha said...

Too precious! That sounds like a lot of fun... How did the cobbler turn out?