Saturday, December 01, 2007

Advantage of having a 9 year old

SHE can cook!

I was cooking dinner last night and McKinly asked if she could help. I might have misunderstood her because I took her asking to "help" as to mean that she wanted to "finish the rest of the dinner completely."

I was making empanadas. Except I wasn't stuffing them with a dessert filling, I was stuffing them with a little turkey mixture for dinner. All I did was make the turkey mixture for the inside, McKinly did the rest.

I prepared the dough. And by prepare, I mean I took it out of the box and placed it in front of McKinly to roll out.

SHE rolled the dough. SHE cut the dough in nice little circles. SHE stuffed the dough with the turkey. SHE sealed the dough around the edges.

SHE brushed egg yolk on top to make sure it would bake to a golden brown.


SHE placed them nicely on a cookie sheet

and SHE even put them in the oven herself.

SHE's one pretty cool kid!


post signature

4 comments:

Lathan, Lauren, Logan, London said...

Send her my way PLEASE!

kamahiclan said...

Nice job, Mom! I hope when my three girls are nine, they can do the same! If i work it right, I'll never be in the kitchen again!

Pam Roberts said...

Can't wait to have a McKinly homecooked meal next time I come. Southwest is running their cheap flights, so that be pretty soon!

Texas Aggie in Florida said...

Sweet!

Now that's what I'm talkin' bout!