Friday, December 28, 2007

Christmas, Zoo, Museum and Sheboygan

I have so much to catch up on. We have been very busy this whole trip.

Christmas was great, Santa brought the kids all they wanted and more!! Much more! So much that we are going to have to end up leaving our big stroller with T.J.'s mom because we don't have room in the car. It was either that or one of the kids. I opted for one of the kids but I guess I don't always get what I want.



All the kids with Papa Bill


The day after Christmas we headed over to the Lincoln Park Zoo in the middle of Downtown Chicago. It was so cool being able to see all the buildings while you're walking around looking at all the animals. The best part, it was FREE! They also had their light show at night and all the kids got 3-d glasses that made all the lights look like snowmen!


It was pretty cold at the Zoo


We left Chicago early this morning and drove up to Wisconsin. We went to the Milwaukee Museum this afternoon. I was a little worried that there might not be too much there to keep Cody's attention but he did great.

All the kids have been perfect this whole trip.

The kids really enjoyed the museum. Cody was a little terrified of the Elephant. He didn't quite get it wasn't real.


They loved the Butterflies the best.

Ty was a little freaked out when a butterfly landed on him. You can see the butterfly in the bottom corner after Ty shook it off him.


McKinly and Ty standing VERY still so one would land on them

She finally caught one


While we were at the museum, it was snowing like crazy outside. The pretty snow too! The soft, powder kind! I loved it!! However, T.J. didn't love driving in it the next hour to Sheboygan where we are staying right now. We are staying at the Blue Harbor Resort here in Sheboygan, Wisconsin. It has an indoor water park so while it's snowing outside, the kids are in their bathing suits inside!


Ty chillin' on the lily pad


Cody swimming with Daddy


McKinly and part of Ty in the Lazy River


The view of Lake Michigan from our Condo


The cool thing about this resort is every night, at 8 o'clock, all the kids in the hotel get in their pajamas and meet on the Grand Staircase in the main lobby for milk, cookies, and a story. I am an idiot and forgot my camera tonight. Hopefully we'll catch the story tomorrow night as well and I'll be able to take some pictures then.

We have a packed day again tomorrow. I promised the kids I'd build a snowman, a "BIG snowman with REAL snow. None of the crap we get in Oklahoma. Then we're off to the water park!


post signature

2 comments:

Texas Aggie in Florida said...

It sounds like y'all are having a great time. Looks and sounds really cold to me. I'm in Mobile, AL where it's blustery 53 and I am FREEZING! My FL body can't handle it!

My husband says Chicago is his FAVORITE place in the world!!! I want to go there some day. But WE PO!

Pam Roberts said...

Sounds like the kids are having a blast! What a neat trip for everyone.