Saturday, September 15, 2007

Soccerday, I mean Saturday

This time of year, our Saturdays consist of soccer games. This morning, McKinly had a game at 9:00 am! I really hate the early games. Don't the group of people organizing the schedules realize I have four kids I have to wake up, get dressed, and feed in the mornings and getting to a game by 9 am is almost impossible! I say almost because I am a parent who will have her children at their functions on time because I hate to be the one everyone is waiting on.

The kiddos eating breakfast before our busy day

Cody showing off his soccer trick

OK, back to McKinly! She did awesome at her first game. Her team won 7-0 and she worked really hard. I am extremely proud of her because it's not easy these days for a 9 year old of any gender, to enter any sport this late in age, because competition these days is unbelievable. I should know, I already received an e-mail letting me know Cody is old enough to start t-ball in the spring and they were kind enough to let me know when sign up starts. Geeze people, he wont even be three by then. However, I have marked the calender and set a reminder so I'm sure not to miss it!


McKinly kicking off


Look at her go!


A little video from her game today.



After McKinly's game, we headed over to Edmond Soccer Club fields for Ty's team pictures and game.

Ty's team, the Black Widows


Sitting on the bench before the game


Cade just chillin' on the sidelines


Cody and Daddy cheering Ty on!


Ty's team acted a little tired at first, but they came around and won 12-8. They're still young so the scores are pretty high at this age.

A little preview of Ty's game...he's #22



After our busy morning, I got the crazy idea we hadn't had enough excitement for the day, so I decided to pack the 3 oldest ones up, kiss Cade and T.J. good-bye, and head to the Oklahoma Fair. This post is long enough, so I will fill you in on all the fair details in my next post.

To Be Continued...

post signature

2 comments:

Lathan, Lauren, Logan, London said...

Wowzers...that's a jam packed day! And what a great mom you are for organizing it all!

P.S.
Thanks for the memo on crayons...I'm surprised no one has commented on the toxic values of lemons!

Anonymous said...

SUPER MOMMMY!

I'm impressed I cleaned PART of my house this weekend......now I feel like a slacker!