Sunday, July 08, 2007

My Hero!

Tonight while I was in the kitchen cleaning Cade's bottles, Cody came in to ask for a snack. As I turned around to find out what kind he wanted, I noticed the ugliest bug on the kitchen floor. It was a cross between a roach and a beetle, it was nasty. I'm not going to lie, I hate bugs. I went into our bedroom to get T.J. to kill it. When T.J. and I came back in the kitchen, the bug was dead, it had been smashed. Cody was standing there with a smile on his face and said, "Look Mommy, Cody got it for you!"

He was so proud of himself. He wouldn't even let T.J. throw the bug away (it's still dead on the kitchen floor). Now, this is where I would have inserted a picture of Cody and his dead bug but the batteries in my camera are completely dead and I don't have anymore. I was disappointed that I couldn't take a picture because Cody was so excited to kill it for me, so to make me feel better, T.J. leaned over and said "Stephanie would have had extra batteries and wouldn't have had to miss out on her son's proud moment." I might not ever be as cool of a mom as she is, but I must be doing something right for my little man to want to take care of his mommy like that!

6 comments:

Pam Roberts said...

Wow! Having been your roommate for all those years, I know how much you truly hate bugs. What a good man Cody is growing up to be!

Lathan, Lauren, Logan, London said...

Good grief...yeah right...me be prepared?!?! Honestly, you give me WAY too much credit. Have you seen my house lately?????

I can't wait for the day my boys kill bugs for me! Boys are AWESOME!!!

Tasha said...

Hysterical - I loved catching up after a week! I think Cade is looking more and more like you, and Cody is as big of a boy as ever... tell him Aunt Tasha is so proud of the man he's becoming! :-)

Lisa said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! How crazy all the things we have in common... our dogs name, both went to A&M and from TX and now living in OK. Really cool though! I'm guessing you are related to Stephanie. I love her blog... she is always up to soemthing fun with her little ones. I really admire her!

Anyway, I guess I need to have a boy so that I have someone to kill my bugs :)

Anonymous said...

my mom says "how cute" so do i cody is such a good boy

Anonymous said...

hey that is just soooooo nice of him and that would of been a very cute and awsome picture if you could of took one. to bad you couldn't take it.


i can't wait to see him again and you and cade and everyone else

see you around