Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Things to be Thankful for...Day One

I'm a little behind, but my original plan was to post something I am thankful for every day this month. Here it is the 11th of the month and I am just starting. Oh well, better late than never! I will try and post something everyday for the rest of November!

Day One: I am thankful for the Science Museum

Since the kids were out of school last Friday, I had the privilege of having nine children at my house. It was a little cold out that day so there was NO way I was keeping those kids cooped up in my little house all day.

So, we ventured back to the science museum and since the science gods were looking out for me, it happened to be "chemistry day". They had all these little stations set up for kids to do experiments.


Cody testing out hot and cold mixtures



McKinly, Ty, and Laney making slime



Cade and mommy making his slime



We also got to do some other stuff we were unable to get to last week.


Ty and Nieko on an old airplane



McKinly and Cody on the Mercury Capsule


We were there for over five hours and I couldn't have been more thankful for all the things that kept them entertained. After we got home, the kids played outside for an hour and then it was time for everyone to leave and the little ones went down for a late nap! A successful and eventful day!

3 comments:

The Adkins Family said...

One question. How do you get all of the kiddos to and from places? Van, bus?

The Adkins Family said...

That's nice your friend went along! 9 kiddos? I understand about moving up to a "school bus"! The most recent van I've been looking at is the Chevy Express, which is probably meant for schools, etc., but it seats 8-15. Ridiculous! Our mini-van only seats 7, though!

Vicki J. Dooly said...

Well you came CLOSE to putting a pic of yourself on the blog! You crack me up! ;-)