Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Things to be Thankful for...Day Eight

Day Eight: I am Thankful for coupons in the Sunday paper!

I realize I'm a huge dork, but I look forward to getting the Sunday paper every week. Most of the time, I get the early edition paper that comes out on Saturday. That is just how cool I am!

I have studied the coupon world for a couple of weeks. I used to think it was more trouble than it was worth cutting out all those little coupons every week. Now that I have learned the little tricks and trades of the coupon world, I save a lot of money. Plus, our pantry is always full.

There are some things I buy that I probably would have never bought without a coupon, but I just use it in place of something else I didn't have a coupon for. It has worked well and we have never let anything go to waste. There are 7 people who live in this house, 5 extra kiddos everyday, and my brother and his girlfriend here on Sundays...trust me, nothing gets wasted!

Today I studied the ad for our local grocery store that doubles coupons and decided what I was going to buy. The key is to only use coupons on the items that are on sale. Half of the time, you can get an item for practically nothing.


Like the box of ice cream bars I got for $.29



Or the dressings I made money on



Or even the peppers that only cost m
e a nickel.



Don't forget the Chex Mix Bars, they were only $.50.


Some days are better than others. Today was a better day.

All of these Groceries rang up to $85.29



After coupons, I only paid $42.96! Not too shabby if I do say so myself!

*not pictured, because I had already put them away before I decided to be a nerd and take a picture of my groceries; 2 boxes of Rice Krispie Treats, 2 jars of fruit, 1 circle loaf of Hawaiian Bread, and 2 packages of buy one, get one free stuffed chicken breasts from the meat department!*







7 comments:

Pam Roberts said...

Very nice. I bet my mom will be the most proud of you!!

Vicki J. Dooly said...

WAY cool, girl! That's awesome! :-)

Georgette said...

Pamela is right....Way to go, Ashley!!

The Adkins Family said...

Ha ha ha, looks like something I would post! I love me some bargain shopping!

Elizabeth said...

Excellent! You are everything in couponing that I aspire to be :-). Sigh, I'm getting better at it, though!

kamahiclan said...

You're the BOMB!!! I NEVER look at the coupons. Heck, I don't even get the paper. And the only coupons that I confiscate from my MIL's Sunday paper are the buy one, get one at my favorite ice cream store, Cold Stone!

I'm a coupon loser!

Jenni McCarty said...

Wow, maybe I should start looking at coupons. I never realized it made that much of a difference. You've inspired me. Maybe you could give me lessons, ha ha.