Monday, March 01, 2010

Good Days outweigh the Bad

Most days I struggle to find time for myself, even having to hide from my boys just to get through the day. I don't hide from them because I don't love them or want to be around them, I hide from them just to give me a few minutes to myself. It's better for them. Trust me!

Then there are the days that make all the craziness worth it. The days the boys are sweet and cuddly, and their favorite person in the world is their mommy.

The days they absolutely adore each other



The days they keep the fighting to a minimal and there is more laughing than there is crying


The days where all three of them can take a bath together without splashing each other in the face (on purpose) or screaming because there isn't enough room




The days I sit back and realize it's all worth it!

It's days like these, that outweigh all the bad ones! And every once in a while, we all need these days to remind us of this!

...because then morning comes and they are back to fighting and competing against one another for something. They will lose it if I don't get to them fast enough when they're calling me. And while I'm running around like a mad woman, I'll remember these rare days of love between the three of them and I'll look forward to the next time I get one of those days.

I will be praying it comes sooner than later.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

I know exactly what you mean! I have three kids, also, and the days that it seems EVERYONE is tired, cranky, and irratible.. I just want to run away and hide. Thank goodness they have so many awesome days in between!

I heard them all talking in my daughter's room the other day, and I peeked my head around the corner to see her reading a book to the boys. That was the sweetest sight! I love those moments!