Monday, August 18, 2008

Too Quiet

It is way too quiet around here. My sister and her family had to leave yesterday morning and then my best friend, Pam flew out last night. They were all SUPPOSED to be here to meet the baby and keep me company in the hospital.

I know things happen that we can't control, I really do, but it just sucked for everyone to not be able to have this happen. I was a wreck last night. I was fine when my sister and her family left Sunday morning because Pam was still here to keep my mind off of everything. However, when we pulled up to the airport to drop her off, I kind of lost it! It was then I realized everyone was gone and it was back to just us minus a new a baby!

A friend of ours, and a life saver at this point, is flying in from Michigan tomorrow night to help out since everyone left. I couldn't be more thankful! She will probably help out with the boys while I go in on Wednesday. It's T.J.'s first day of school on Wednesday so he is going to go into work for a while and get everything situated while I get everything started at the hospital. I'm just scared I'm going to be alone. What if he doesn't make it in time? I have to be there at five in the morning and they don't think it's going to be a long labor! My friend, Jen said she would go to the hospital with me until T.J. got there but how can I ask someone to get up at 4 in the morning and sit in a boring hospital?? Plus, it's her daughter's first day of Kindergarten that day. She needs to be there! At least her daughter doesn't go to school until 1pm so that helps a little but still, this whole situation just sucks!

I had everything planned!!

My family was going to be here!!

My best friend was going to be here!!

I guess I should just be thankful the baby is healthy at this point and that we are going to have a beautiful baby at some point.

It's just way too quiet around here right now!

post signature

8 comments:

Homegrown Tribe said...

oh i'm so sorry... that just stinks! Wednesday will be here before you know it... but what a bummer everyone had to go home. Praying everything goes well.

brittany

Jenni McCarty said...

I'm sorry you are having such a hard time. I understand how you feel. We have no family here in NM, and no one is coming until after the baby is born. So it will be me and Ben on our own at first, and I am scared too death that he will be at work, and I won't be able to get a hold of him or something. I know its a hard emotional time, but everything will work out. I'll be thinking of you.

Lisa said...

Oh sweetie!  I'm so sorry to hear you are having a yucky day.  It always seems like right when you have things worked out something happens.  But you know what, this was obviously the baby's plan all along.  Maybe he just needed a little more "cooking" time in there.  It will only make it all the more better once he does arrive!!  I know that doesn't make you feel better, but looking back years from now you will wonder why you were so upset about a few days.  ps... It's just another excuse for your family to come back out to see you and your newest edition!!  :)  And think about those that don't have anyone (even a hubbie)... you are going to do great!  I know it!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Ashley, just stumbled upon your blog quite by accident. Was just wondering if your TJ, was the same one that attended Mundelein High School. Think he would have graduated around 1990.

Good luck with the baby, my wife and I are having number two on Thursday 28th!

Pam Roberts said...

Have no fear... I will be there on Friday to meet your new baby. How often do we see each other TWO WEEEKENDS IN A ROW??! You better call me about 200 times on Wednesday. Love you!

Texas Aggie in Florida said...

Everything will work out just fine. You're just a wee bit emotional right now and with good reason. Don't worry one bit! Who knows. You could go into labor tonight or tomorrow! If you were here in FL, you would surely go into labor with this tropical storm and all. They say when the air pressure drops quickly, women go into labor. Maybe try some "go into labor" tricks. I've heard eggplant works. My BFF swears by it. It's worked FOUR times for her!

A Perfect Pandemonium said...

Yes, my TJ is the one who graduated from Mundelein High School around that time.

He is wondering who you are?? Let us know!!

Anonymous said...

what an amazing fluke.

Not sure if TJ remembers, but I was the little Aussie kid who spent a year at Mundelein in 1989 (almost 20 years ago!).