Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Fall Break: Part One

On Wednesday night, we headed down to Houston for Fall Break. We didn't go all the way to The Woodlands that night because we decided to spend the night with my brother in Centerville. He hadn't had the chance to see Cole yet and neither had my nieces.

Since he owns a bunch of land now, the kids had a great time while we were there. We arrived late Wednesday night but that didn't stop them from checking out the place. What better way than on a John Deere Gator.


Ty wasn't really driving. I did let him steer at one point while I worked the pedals. I probably would have let him if Chelsi hadn't gotten into a pretty bad accident, while driving it, just a few weeks prior. She was being...how do I put it...stupid!!

She had this brilliant idea to race her cousin, who was driving a golf cart, at night with the headlights off. Let's just say she got in a fight with a barbed wire fence and the fence won.

This is how it turned out...



She still has scars all down her neck but they are starting to lighten up. If you look closely, you can see one in this picture with Cole.


The next morning, when the kids woke up, the first thing they wanted to do was go fishing. McKinly caught two, Ty caught one, and TJ caught a fat one. I didn't go with them on this outing because I had Cade and Cole back at the house with me so there are no pictures of the fishing adventure.

When they got back, Carl showed the boys his bow and arrow. He does have real ones that he goes hunting with, but luckily this one was only good for shooting a target on a haystack.


Daddy teaching Cody how to shoot

yes Cody is still in his jammies and his daddy let him go fishing like this as well.


Ty pretty much got the hang of it right away



Cade just wanted to go back to sleep


We didn't get to stay there very long. Everything they got to do was done between Wednesday night at 10:30 pm and 10:00am on Thursday. We would have stayed longer but my brother thought his work and the girl's school was more important! He said we could have hung out at the house by ourselves but where's the fun in that??

Once we left Carl's, we headed to my sister's house. That is where we stayed the remainder of our trip but I will wait to post about that tomorrow. This one is long enough already.

No comments: