Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend

All I can do is say...I'M SORRY!

We had a great Memorial Day weekend. We went out to dinner with friends on Friday night, swam all day Saturday, went to a Graduation Party Saturday night, swam all day Sunday went to Jen and Shawn's for dinner Sunday night, swam all day Monday and then headed over to my brother's house for some hot dogs Monday evening.

Everywhere we went, I forgot my camera!

Not once did I bring my camera anywhere with us this whole entire weekend. I could kick myself over and over. I never leave my camera, yet this entire weekend we went camera-less.

If I had my camera, I would be able to show everyone how much the boys love the water. I would have been able to show Cody swimming in the deep end by himself (with the use of his tube of course). I would have been able to capture Cade jumping off the side of the pool to T.J. and laughing hysterically. I would have been able to take a picture of my husband's fried back because he thought he was too manly for sunscreen.

If I had my camera, I would have been able to take a picture of Cody trying to puke in Jen and Shawn's backyard because for some reason he decided to put the stick to the bubbles in his mouth and swallow a bunch of bubble solution. We all know I would have taken a picture of him trying to throw up if I had my camera and then I would have proceeded to help my three year old spit out the remaining bubbles from his mouth! I really don't think he meant to do what he did, but who knows!!

And if I would have remembered my camera tonight at my brother's house, I would have been able to capture pictures from possibly our last dinner with them here in Oklahoma. He is moving back to Texas with my nieces. My brother and my niece, Keli are leaving tomorrow after school while my niece Chelsi is staying with us another week to spend more time with her friends.

Oh, and if that wasn't sad enough news...tomorrow is the last day of school! I have only one more day before there are tons of kids running in and out of my door for the next three months! One more day where at least for a few hours, my house is clean. One more day where I wont have to break up fights over anything and everything. One more day before I go completely mad! It's not just my kids here during the summers, it's all of them plus their friends!!! HELP!

You know how I'm spending my last day?? Cody, Cade and I are going to the Zoo with a little boy from Cody's baseball team and his mom! We want to hit the Zoo before school gets out and everything is so crowded.

post signature

2 comments:

Pam Roberts said...

Geez... no pictures. I guess I'll forgive you someday :) Have fun at the zoo. We still have 6 days of school. I pray I make it!!

Texas Aggie in Florida said...

That all sounds fun and exciting, well, except for saying goodbye to your brother who is moving back to God's country and having all those kids in your house all summer.