Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Mother's Day Trip

Over Mother's Day weekend, the boys and I flew to Texas to see my sister perform in High School Musical 2. It was an added bonus that it just happened to be Mother's Day weekend and I got to spend the day with my mom.

Since the cost of gas is so high right now and the fact Cade can fly free, we decided flying was a better idea than driving. I think we figured the difference was only $50 and I would rather pay the extra money than sit in a car for 6 hours with two little ones by myself!! TJ had to stay here and get ready for his big AP test of the year.

Cody has been on a few airplanes before but this was the first time he actually knew what he was doing. He loved the "hairplane" and both the boys did awesome. I was sure to have plenty of snacks and things to do so they were never bored and I think the people around us appreciated it as well.



Cade waiting to load the plane



Cody on the "hairplane"



We were very busy the entire trip and half the time I forgot I even had a camera with me. I did get some pictures of the boys on Mother's Day with their Mother's Day shirts on!



We were supposed to fly back to Oklahoma on Sunday but when I went to check in online that morning I realized they didn't have Cody and I sitting together again (it was a hassle to ask people to switch with us on the way down to Houston, I wasn't looking forward to doing it again). So, I called the airline and asked what we could do and the lady found a flight that had two seats together but it wasn't leaving until Monday. Of course I jumped at the chance of getting to stay an extra day so the boys and I got to spend another night with my family!!

We had lunch with my mom and then when everyone went to the movies, we headed to a Mother's Day party with my step-mom. Cody was excited because he got to go swimming. Something we have yet to be able to do in Oklahoma because it's still pretty cold. Cade wasn't too impressed with the water but Cody had a blast.


Cody playing with the kids


Grandpa Buck cooked and there were tons of kids to play with. I'm glad our flight on Sunday didn't work out or we wouldn't have been able to enjoy the party!


Cody eating his corn


By Monday the boys were exhausted. We got up that morning, had lunch with my step-mom and headed for the airport!


Eating apples before getting on the plane



Cade was just happy to have his Chocolate Milk



My boys on their way home to see Daddy!!


The one thing I realized on this trip is that I have no idea how I will be able to handle three little ones on my own. TJ helps out a lot but there are times, like this trip, when I go by myself. They did great for the most part but there were nights, when they were tired, that they both just wanted to sit on my lap. I don't have enough room for three on my lap!! We'll make it work when the time comes but for now, I'm happy with the baby staying put in my belly as long as possible!!


post signature

2 comments:

Vicki J. Dooly said...

Hey Ashley! I've started reading your blog lately and you are such an awesome blogger. Your boys are precious and I love how you write about your adventures in motherhood!

One question for you though...where are all of the pics of you???!!! ;-)

Lisa said...

Oh my... I can't imagine flying with TWO kids by myself! (And preggo!). You go girl! Glad you had a good trip to TX.