Wednesday, April 30, 2008

First trip to the dentist

Today Cody got to visit the dentist for the first time. We went to get his teeth checked and cleaned so he would get used to the dentist looking in his mouth. Cody doesn't always take to other people messing with him so I was a little nervous. Good thing I worked him up before we got there because he did great (much to my surprise). I really thought we were going to have a fight on our hands but he proved me wrong. He crawled up in the chair, opened his mouth, and let them do their work. (Thank you God!)

After he was done he got to pick a toy, a new tooth brush, and play with their very cool train set!

His dentist is called the Dental Depot so the whole theme is trains. He was in Heaven there! They have trains outside, around the walls and one even travels at the top of the wall around the whole building. It even goes in the bathroom which Cody thought was pretty exciting. I think that's why he had to go potty three times in thirty minutes!

The boys enjoyed the big train outside the best though!

Cody blowing on his new train whistle


Cade was very excited to play on the train too!

Cade has been really sick the past three days so it was nice to see him happy again! His fever finally broke today so we were able to get out and do something. He has been miserable with a fever as high as 104.5!! It was very scary and ended up being another ear infection. We finally got an antibiotic that started working and could bring his fever down!!

Here's Cade yesterday. This is how he had looked since Sunday afternoon!


What a difference a day makes!

post signature

4 comments:

Texas Aggie in Florida said...

WOW! you had a way better 1st trip to the dentist than I we did! That should have been a blog entry! We just went a few weeks ago. I thought they were going to throw us out. I like the train depot theme. It looks like a fun place for kids. I just took my girls to my dentist. Bad idea! Next time, I'm gonna find me a train depot dentist!

Pam Roberts said...

What a big boy Cody is! I'm glad Cade is feeling better :)

Texas Aggie in Florida said...

Hey! I saw your comment on my blog and I just have to say...HANG IN THERE! I'm sure I blogged about this (how couldn't I have) but Lexi just started doing #2 on the potty like 6 months ago and she just turned 5! She had been wearing panties since she was 20 months old, but woulnd't poop on the potty. The more I made a big deal out of it, the worse it got. One day it just happened and she never looked back. There was no explanation. So don't worry. It will happen. Don't even say anthing about it. Just give him the diaper. It's not worth the battle. I know it's a pain! And disgusting! But this too shall pass. And now Ashton is doing the SAME THING. She's been wearing panties lately and does great but wants a diaper to poop in. And she used to poop on the potty all the time way back when. I'm not even going to say anything to her about it. It's not worth my frustrations!!!

Tasha said...

Wow! That's great news, I'm glad it went so well! Tell Cody GREAT JOB from us, and I'm so excited to see you guys in a few days! SO happy that Cade is feeling better!