Friday, April 25, 2008

My mom is cooler than your mom!

As many of you know, and some of you who don't know, my mom is a 7th Grade Texas History teacher. She loves Texas History! When you grow up in Texas, it becomes your life. Literally in my mom's case since now that is her career!

The saying is true, Once a Texan...Always a Texan! I would give anything to move back there. I love it there so much and would love for my boys to one day live there. McKinly and Ty were lucky, they were born there and lived there for a time being. My boys however, have not yet got to experience what it's like to be a true Texan...poor, deprived children!

Ok, back to my mom...

She was recently nominated for an award for her school district. Obviously it was a Texas History Teacher award. She had to send in paperwork, have someone come and look at her classroom, look at her website, and all the other fun stuff that comes with a nomination of that sort.

Just this week, while she was teaching, she was surprised by a group of people to present her with her FIRST place award!

I know what you're thinking, my mom IS so much cooler than your mom!!!

If you want to look at her website or see the stuff in the paper here are the links!

I know you can say she's famous and stuff now...I mean she IS the coolest Texas History Teacher in her district! Please don't attack her by asking for autographs...she still has a life, children to teach, and me to think about!!! :)

post signature

4 comments:

Lisa said...

How cool is that!

Yes, Texas is the best. We are so happy to be back home. Those folks up in OK just don't get it! But I know your heart will always be in TX. Maybe one day you will be back here.

Pam Roberts said...

Congrats Cindy!! I always knew you were cool :)

Tasha said...

CONGRATULATIONS TO MISS CINDY! YEA! That's so exciting... tell your mom we're excited for her!

Texas Aggie in Florida said...

YEA!!!! That is AWESOME! Congrats to your mom! What an honor! I used to teach TX History too! I love it!