Friday, March 07, 2008

The Culprit

Hopefully we have figured out what has caused Cade's slight disturbance of behavior.

About three weeks ago, Cade had a slight ear infection. So, he was put on Amoxicillin. Then, when I took him in for his one year check up, they discovered he now had an ear infection in both ears and his antibiotics never cleared up the first infection to begin with.

That brings us to yesterday. Cade was unbearable! Screaming non stop and just wanting to be held. If you know him, you know this is not like him at all. So, I decided to pack everyone up...which could be a whole other post detailing all that we have to do to get everyone in the car within a reasonable amount of time...and head to the doctor once again.

They discovered that his right ear has cleared up like planned but his left ear is still not showing any relief. There seems to be a lot of pressure which would explain why he has been banging his head against things and randomly slapping his face.

Thank God there was a reason for this bazaar behavior!! I thought my child was turning into that little kid on Parenthood...you know, the little boy, Justin who would just randomly bang his head into walls??

For now, we are just supposed to carry on with the antibiotic he is currently using and hopefully that will do the trick. However, his 10 days of using this medicine is up in just two more days so I don't see how that is going to make a difference. But that's why I'm not a doctor so I'll leave it up to the professionals!


If by next week, he still is ornery then they will try a third antibiotic and hope it clears up.

Here's to hoping the antibiotic he is currently on will miraculously cure this infection in the next two days because well, I don't know how much longer I can stand this fuzziness and plus, we're out of medicine after that!

*did you notice how clear the picture is?? My wonderful husband gave me an early birthday present and bought me a new camera in order to take better pictures. He decided to let me get it early since we're headed to Houston next weekend for Spring Break.*

post signature

2 comments:

Pam Roberts said...

Cool! What kind of camera did you get? I hope Cade is feeling better soon. Poor baby!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.