Thursday, March 06, 2008

The art of throwing a tantrum

My precious, happy baby boy...who used to be happy all the time, used to be very content playing by himself, and used to rarely ever cry...has learned to throw the biggest temper tantrums ever.

I have no idea what started it and I have no idea how to stop it! I'm not talking about little tantrums here. I'm talking about the screaming, Binky throwing, head pounding, face slapping type of tantrums!

Luckily, it's his own face he's slapping.

Don't get me wrong, he's still a happy baby but every once in a while he will just have a melt down. It's usually when he's in his highchair and isn't getting something fast enough! Excuse me for not being able to shovel food in this boys mouth as quickly as he would like. I go as fast as I can but I have to at least be able to get the spoon from his mouth, to the bowl, and back to his mouth again before he freaks out!

Oh, and if his daddy walks in the room and doesn't pick him up, we are usually in for another one of his fits.

How did my sweet baby boy go from this....


to this??


I hope he grows out of it real quick...like by tomorrow!



post signature

4 comments:

Texas Aggie in Florida said...

Ahhh, man! hate that! Ashton was like the sweetest, most calm, passive baby you've ever seen. Never a care in the world. And then when she hit about 14 months she turned into this very opinionated, stubborn little monster. She's a TOOT! But now as she's about to be 3, I'm FINALLY starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel. She's returning to her sweet, calm, passive self. Sort of. Better at least. I hope his stage doesn't last as long as hers did! For your sake!

Pam Roberts said...

I definitely heard the fury of Cade's tantrum last night on the phone. Poor Mommy!

Allen Family said...

I'm sure you woke up this morning to your happy baby :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, no! If you have any tips to share, please pass them my way! You know, for my little Cullen's "dying llama" style tantrums. Ugh!