Monday, August 13, 2007

It's Potty Time!

We have officially began the potty training process. I wanted to wait until all the kids went back to school, but Cody decided he wanted to wear his big boy underwear so why not start now!

We had to overcome a few obstacles, like not being scared of his potty. The first few times were a little tricky and pretty frustrating trying to explain that nothing was going to happen to him by sitting there. There were a few tears of frustration, some from Cody as well. He has now graduated to sitting on the potty because he likes the fun music and sounds it makes (Grandma Kathie got him the potty with all the fun stuff to play with). We still have not actually gone potty on the thing, but at least we're sitting, and reading a few books to pass the time!

The other obstacle we came across is no one makes boxer briefs in his size!! Hanes has a 2-4 that work alright but every other brand is size 4 and up. I ended up buying a few 4's and I have washed and dried them numerous times to make them shrink up. I don't know why, I just prefer boxer briefs over briefs especially since during the potty training time, he will be running around in nothing BUT his underwear. Plus, they are much cuter, even with little spidermans and Cars characters. (I might not buy character shoes, but he can have all the character underwear he wants, as long as their boxer briefs).

Cody and his cool potty!


Posing in his new spiderman underwear


Ty and Cody playing around this morning!
They are pretty cute!
(don't worry, Ty's getting a haircut soon!)


I'll keep you all posted on our progress. If all goes well, he'll be potty trained by the end of the weekend! However, my dreams are a bit elaborate at times so I'll let you know how it's going!

post signature

3 comments:

Pam Roberts said...

Go, Cody, GO!!!

Tasha said...

Too cute! I know you guys can do it! YEA! :-)

Lisa said...

I'm not really training our daughter yet, but she LOVES sitting on the potty. She has gone a few times, but I still think its just lucky timing :)

Good luck Cody. OH and you asked if I was going to find out what we are having... YES! I am a totally planner... so if I were having a boy I would really have some major shopping to do since everything we own is pink! :) Not sure what I'm hoping for... it would easy to have another girl b/c we have everything and Grace would have a sister, but it would be fun to have a boy too to have one of each. So I guess that means we are fine with either!