Monday, August 20, 2007

The Happiest Day of the Year!

It's official, school started this morning!!! I don't think I could be any happier. Now, don't get me wrong, I will miss McKinly and Ty being here to keep me company and help me out when it's needed but I don't think I will miss all their friends that came along with them being home. From now on, instead of EIGHT kids here all day asking for this and that, I will only have THREE. Two of which are babies and will pretty much hang out, eat and sleep. Cody will mostly be the only one I have to get up and down for all day.

The kids were pretty nervous about their first day this year because their mom moved to a new house so they had to move schools. I took them out to breakfast before school this morning to help ease their nerves.

McKinly and Ty before school this morning. They're sporting some of their new school clothes we bought them this weekend.


McKinly loves her new outfit


Ty heading to his classroom with his class
(he's the one with the superman backpack)


I think they'll do fine, but I was sure to stay until they left for their classrooms and then I went and peaked through their windows so they knew I was still around. It will be fun to hear how school went. This is Ty's first year to stay all day. We only have half day Kindergarten here.

For those of you who think I'm harsh because I'm so excited school started, I want you to see how many kids I had here in my little 2000 sq. foot house all summer.


and that's not including the days when they had other friends stop by and play. If it's hard for you to say no, never tell your kids friend's parents you're a stay at home mom, or you might end up with a bunch of kids running around your house!





post signature

1 comment:

Pam Roberts said...

How exciting! I bet McKinly and Ty will adjust great to the new school. Let us all know how it went!