Sunday, August 12, 2007

I'm Ready, I'm Ready...to eat!

You have to know Spongebob Squarepants to understand the true meaning to the title and most of this blog.

We were at Home Depot yesterday and T.J. was looking for a cheap little grill (since we sold ours in a garage sale). T.J.'s dad called on the phone while we were looking around and when he found out what we were doing, he offered to buy us a good one for T.J.'s birthday (which is coming up on September 1 and he'll be REALLY old!)

Of course T.J. took him up on that offer and as we were looking around for the perfect new grill, Cody found a bunch of grilling spatulas and grabbed one! He ran to T.J. and said, "Daddy, let's make some Krabby Patties!" He carried that spatula ALL around the store and people would stop him and ask if he was getting ready to make a cheese burger and Cody would politely tell them, "no, I making Krabby Patties." Some would understand, and some just gave him a confused look.

When we finally got the grill home (and the spatula Cody picked out since there was no leaving the store without his beloved spatula) Cody and Daddy made their Krabby Patties!

Cody grilling his Krabby Patty with his own spatula
(look at that new grill, thanks Papa Bill)


Waiting patiently for it to cook
(still holding on to a smaller spatula)


Cody chowin' down on his Krabby Patty


Cade didn't miss out on the fun, we gave him an avacado to try

and he LOVED it


Cookin' those Krabby Patties sure wears you out!
(you can't see it, but that spatula is laying right by his foot)


yes, those are Elmo shoes and I know I swore I would never buy my child Character shoes, but we were buying McKinly and Ty new shoes for school and Cody fell in love with them (who would have thought Journey's Kidz would even sell character shoes) so I figured he could wear them every once in a while and only if they completely matched what he was wearing.

We had a great weekend and I'm very excited that this is my LAST week with EIGHT kids in the house! They start school on the 20th!!!! Don't get me wrong, I love our kids and their friends but it's time for school to start!


post signature

1 comment:

Tasha said...

LOL - how precious is that? I love it - so please share, what exactly is a Krabby Patty? I'm assuming a spongebob version of a burger??