Thursday, April 16, 2009

Recovery

On Tuesday I took Cade to his ENT appointment.  They told us he had so much fluid in his ears it had to be causing him a lot of pain.  They wanted to schedule an appointment to get tubes put in as soon as possible.

This morning (Thursday) was the earliest they had.  Cade and I arrived at his appointment a little early so we were able to just hang out and get Cade used to being in a new doctor's office.  He was in such a good mood and I was feeling a little guilty because any second they were going to come and take him away.

It was a fast procedure and he went with the nurse without any fuss (I did tell him she was just taking him to get a sticker, I might go to hell for lying but at least he didn't cry).  He did, however, come out of it screaming.  

The nurse said his ears were "nasty" and we have to put drops and other stuff the next few days to make sure they drain properly.  She said he shouldn't be in any pain though.

I don't know what she meant by "shouldn't be in any pain" because the poor kid has been grabbing both ears and screaming the entire day.  I don't even want to get into the amount of fluid and blood that is draining out of them at the moment.  They said that will be normal and he is only screaming because it feels different and sounds different.  I don't buy it but hey, they're the ones with the medical degrees.

He is finally taking a nap so hopefully when he wakes up, he'll start feeling like himself again.  We have to keep a close eye on him though because of the amount of fluid.  Hopefully he'll be fully recovered before next Wednesday when Cody has his surgery because that will be a little bit more extensive.

On a happier note, it's my brother's birthday today!

Happy 22nd Birthday, Jon!

3 comments:

Kyle and Cortney said...

Poor baby! And, poor mommy for having to take care of him! I hope he heals quickly!!!

Pam Roberts said...

OH MY GOODNESS! I'm glad to hear that he is recovering, but Mommy has to do it all again next week?

Jenni McCarty said...

This sounds like its been a yucky month for you guys. Hopefully, all these surgeries and diets will make everyone feel better soon, and you guys can get back to a normal routine. I'll be thinking about you guys.