Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Doctors, Doctors and more Doctors

To start off, we still haven't gotten the blood work back on Cade yet.  I have called and left them a message but I have not received a call back.  We have started trying to feed him gluten free foods to see what happens but there are still some foods we end up giving him that aren't.  We're working on it, trying to get to the point where he is only eating foods that do not contain gluten.  It's hard, but we'll get there.

However, Cade did wake up Sunday morning with swollen eyes and a bad attitude.  He was extremely cranky and his eyes had a nasty green gunk coming out of them.  His eye lids were so red and swollen it hurt my eyes just looking at him.  So, Monday morning we went back to his doctor to get everything checked out.

Diagnosis:  conjunctivitis in both eyes and ear infection still in his left ear.

This will be the fifth antibiotic we are on for Cade so we have won a trip to the ENT for him as well!  That appointment is next Tuesday.

If you recall, Cody had an appointment with the same ENT last week.  Well, after the doctor reviewed Cody's films of his adenoids, he decided they needed to come out.  So on April 22nd Cody will have surgery to remove his adenoids and have tubes put in his ears.


I am just hoping it will help with this...

The poor kid is always so sick with chronic sinus infections he can't enjoy himself.  This picture was taken last weekend at an Easter Egg Hunt party.  

It isn't any better than how he felt at his birthday party a few months back...



Cody has been so sick this year, there a numerous basketball games he missed because his fever was too high to even function...


I hate the idea of my son having surgery, even outpatient surgery, but we have got to do something.  I am just praying this does the trick.

Doctors, Doctors, and more doctors...that's our life these days!

4 comments:

The Adkins Family said...

Hope the kids start to feel better. Makes it really hard on everyone!

Anderson is the first to have tubes and is truly a different child. Surgery was absolutely no big deal and I hate that I put it off for many months.

He's also on Simply Saline and Nasacort everyday for his allergies and it's made a huge difference in his attitude/health also. These things may be options for you guys.

The Adkins Family said...

I've heard that it's a longer recovery. Lordy, I hope we don't have to go through anything else. Makes me nervous just thinking of it...

When's bloodwork expected back?

Pam Roberts said...

Boo! But hopefully it will help Cody enjoy all the things little boys enjoy. Let me know if you need help with anything... it may be a good reason for me to come in town!!!!!

A Perfect Pandemonium said...

i think it's a great reason for Aunt Pammy to visit. I mean he'll be out of it for a couple weeks so you can even come the weekend after! :)