Thursday, January 10, 2008

Minor Setback

Cody had an accident today. How did this happen one might ask? There is only one word.

Daddy.

I left to pick McKinly up from piano and was gone a total of 15 minutes. In that time period, Daddy forgot to remind his two year old son to use the bathroom. Daddy said he thought Cody was at the point to just come tell him. Normally that would be true but when one is in the backyard playing with his friends, it's easy to forget to remember he's in underwear, NOT a diaper.

And since Daddy had to deal with the accident, he thought it was easier to just put a diaper back on him rather than a fresh pair of underwear. Um, I don't think that teaches Cody much of anything but what do I know, right??

Oh well, this wasn't Cody's first accident and I'm sure it wont be his last. Plus, I can still say he hasn't had an accident with me around in 4 days!!

post signature

3 comments:

Texas Aggie in Florida said...

Men! Can't live with em...can't live with em.

Kidding! Sort of.

If it makes you feel better, Lexi was 3 1/2 before she was TRULY potty trained and quit having day time accidents. And I started training her at 20 months. Then of course she just recently is nighttime trained in the last few months and she'll be 5 in March. So I'd say he's doing great! I hear boys are a little tougher to train than girls. And I haven't even started with Ashton. She'll be 3 in March.

kamahiclan said...

Now you know why God designed us to be responsible for the raising of the kids! My kids would probably still be in diapers at 4 years old if it were up to my husband to potty-train them!!!

Tasha said...

LOL - nice... well Cody will get the hang of it soon!! keep up the great work!