Thursday, January 29, 2009

Wii are Fit

The kids and TJ have been out of school all week because of the ice.  Since we were stuck inside due to the weather and because the boys are still sick, we have been improving on our Wii skills.

TJ and I are hooked on Tennis right now.  I can't even begin to tell you how sore I am.  I won't admit that to my husband though because there is no way I will let him think he has any advantage over me.


Cade and Darby "playing" tennis
they use the nunchuks to the Wii remote to pretend they're playing


A few weeks ago, I called Game Stop and they had just got a shipment in of the Wii Fit.  My husband knew how bad I wanted it so of course he got it for me.  It is awesome.  The kids get more exercise on that than anything else.

One day Cade was bugging me because he wanted to get on the balance board.  I told him to go get his own just to buy time until I finished up what I was doing.  A few minutes later, he came back with a little pillow from Cody's bed and put it on the floor.  Ever since, he has used that as his own personal balance board.  Anytime anyone is playing, he gets out his balance board and plays along.  It is so funny because, on the Wii, you make your own little "Mii" characters who look like you.  We all have one and some of our friends and family have one made on our Wii as well.  Cade knows everyone by their Mii Character.  When you're playing a game, he will sit there and wave to all the characters and call them by name.  It cracks me up!


Cade playing soccer on his "balance board"


Cody is really good at the bowling.  In fact, he wants his birthday party at the bowling alley.  I don't think he realizes real bowling is different than the Wii.  I don't think he understands he probably wont get 6 strikes in a row at his party.  The thing is, it is hard to get 6 strikes in a row on the Wii as well but Cody can do it, he has done it a couple times.


Cody bowling the other day

excuse his jammies, he has been really sick and rarely got out of them for a whole week


Here is a video of the boys running on Wii Fit.  I know it's a bad quality but at least you get the point!  If you listen closely, you can hear Cade calling the Miis by name with me.


excuse the jammies once again.  I swear my kids do get dressed...sometimes!

6 comments:

Tasha said...

That is precious!! LOL

Pam Roberts said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pam Roberts said...

I love the video! I can hear Cody's Olympic speech now... "It all started on the Wii Fit."

Anonymous said...

We should exchange our miis so we can hang out at your house and you guys can hang out here!

The Adkins Family said...

Looks like fun!

Jenni McCarty said...

That is too darn cute. Look how fast his little legs go, ha ha. I don't think I could go that fast if I tried. :)