Saturday, December 20, 2008

and we're off...

That's right, tomorrow morning we are going to Houston and I can't wait.  If Cody didn't have a basketball game tonight, we would have left today.  Unfortunately I have this thing about commitments and so I can't leave his team without a player.  This would have been a time I wish he didn't feel well so we would have had a good reason to miss the game, but he feels great and so we're putting off our trip just one more day.

Which probably is a good thing because I am no where near finished packing.  So, instead of packing, I'm on the computer!   It's just not very much fun packing for five people and figuring out how I am going to fit everything in the car!  It's way more fun to play on our new laptop!

We got a new MacBook and it is awesome and very fast.  I love it!  For every kid who passes the AP test at the end of the year, TJ gets $50 and the school gets $50.  TJ had so many kids pass this year that he was able to get a new laptop, photo printer, case, and extra memory.  Merry Christmas to me :)

Ok, I guess I better go pack so we're able to leave as early as I am planning in the morning.  The laptop is coming with us so I'll be able to keep everyone updated on how our Christmas is going (although half the people who read this live in Houston so they will already know how our break is going)

This is for Uncle Doug, Aunt Veronika, Danika, and Patrik...the kids LOVED their presents.  It might have been easier for you to have shipped them down to Houston in the first place because all the toys are making the trip down there anyway.  We had them go ahead and open them so they could do so with McKinly and Ty since they are staying here with their mom.  Cody and Cade have not stopped playing with their toys since they opened them last night and McKinly and Ty are saving their gift cards until after Christmas so they can buy themselves the presents they wanted that they didn't get :).  The kids all say thank you very much!

1 comment:

The Adkins Family said...

Good luck on the drive down!