Sunday, December 13, 2009

oops...it's really all I can say at this point!

Two different instances occurred this weekend that have probably put me pretty far down on the "mother of the year" list.

I'm not perfect, even though sometimes I try to argue with my husband that I am, I can admit when I have done wrong.

Well, I can admit it when all the evidence points to me, and only me.

Oops!

You see, it was cold Saturday morning but Cade really needed a haircut. I have cut the boys' hair in the past and done a decent job, I think. It was too cold to do it outside though, like I normally do, so I decided to do it inside. I laid a towel on the bathroom floor and Cade and I sat down on it. Everything was going great; Cade was cooperating and I was going to town with the clippers.

Everything went smoothly, he looked very handsome, and I was psyched I got it done in less than ten minutes.

But then it happened...I took the guard off the clippers to do a little touching up, and at that same, exact moment, Cade leaned his head back and made contact with the unguarded clippers, resulting in a very noticeable bald line on the back of his head!

Let's just say, I'm glad it's cold and it's acceptable to wear hats this time of year!




TJ says we'll just tell everyone it's a scar, but he's not fooling me. He will be the first to tell everyone I did it, because nothing makes him happier than when I do something a little...less perfect, let's just say!

And speaking of less perfect...the next incident really wasn't all my fault. Cody was partly to blame too!

Cody and Cole like to rough house, it's what boys do. So it was no big deal for Cody to be dragging Cole around the living room by his legs, right?

I didn't think so either.

Cole thought it was hilarious and I enjoyed watching my boys laugh and play like little boys should. Nothing makes me happier than the sound of their laughter.

That is until that laughter turns into a very painful scream! Cody thought Cole was screaming because he had stopped pulling him around by his little legs. Once Cody yanked him across the floor again, Cole would burst out laughing again. After all, it did look like fun and Cody wasn't pulling on him hard enough to hurt him.

Or so I thought.

I was worried about how hard Cody was pulling him, not wanting him to pull his little legs out of their sockets. Now, that would be bad. So, it never occurred to me that all this pulling around the living room would cause painful rug burn all over Cole's back.

I didn't even notice it until I put Cole in the bath.

A bath that was too warm and resulted in him screaming again, but we wont talk about that right now, I would have to admit again I'm not perfect, and once is already too many for today!

Cole is such a happy baby and even when he gets hurt, he doesn't fuss for long. So, it wasn't until his bath that I realized his screams from earlier were not that of a child who wanted to keep getting thrown across the room.

My poor babies. I have one who, if he was a little older and realized what I had done, would be embarrassed to go out in public, and another who can't comfortably lay on his back.

at least they're fast to forgive


So, when are those Mother of the Year nominations?? I'm pretty sure I wont be getting any votes!


No comments: