Wednesday, December 09, 2009

One of those days!

Have you ever had one of those days, you know the days where you just can't wait for it to be over and it's only 9:00 am??

Yeah, I had one of those days today.

Most days, I look at my kids and I realize how lucky I am. They are great kids; they are happy, healthy, smart, well behaved (most of the time), and I love them with all my heart.

Today, however, I did not look at them that way. Today, I looked at them and thought I was going to lose my mind. They did not stop fighting for one.single.second today! It wasn't even over anything of importance, it never is, no it was just to see how much they could annoy the other!

and in doing so, annoy me.

I shouldn't say it lasted all day long because I did get a break. Once while Cody was at school (he only goes to school for 2 1/2 hours) and the other time while Cade was taking his nap. I guess I should rephrase and say they only fought the entire time they were in the presence of the other.

Cole is even picking up on their combative behavior. He decided he only wanted the little baseball figure that Cade was holding at the time. Who cares that there were 20 more of the same baseball guys in the box, but why would anyone want those? It's not as much fun if there isn't any screaming involved, is it?

The last little thread of dignity I was holding onto broke around 8:00 pm tonight. Cody was reading his book, and doing a great job with it I must add, and Cade came up to him and said "that's my book". Now, if it had been his book, that would have been a different story. But you see, Cade knew it wasn't his book. No, he was doing it to start yet another fight with his brother! Cody, of course, in return claimed the book as his. This is when I could feel those strands of my dignity start to pull apart. I tried to hold on, keeping it together, but then it happened...Cody yanked the book out of Cade's manipulative little hands, flinging Cade off the couch in the process and resulting in my two year old hitting his head on the corner of the coffee table. I probably should have gotten mad at Cody. I mean, he is the older brother and he knows better. But honestly, a little part of me, thought Cade deserved it.

What kind of mother am I??

Don't answer that, it was a rhetorical question!

I lost it at that point. Anyone who happened to be walking by my house at the moment probably were scared for my children. I walked over to them, yanked the book out of Cody's hand (hey, he did it to Cade first!), and flipped out! I quietly (ok maybe "quiet" is not the word I should be using here, but let's just pretend that's how this whole thing went down) told them that if I hear them fighting one.more.freakin.time.tonight they would be grounded for the rest of their lives. In their rooms. All alone!

They were then sent to their rooms, put to bed, and are now fast asleep. Probably dreaming about all the fun ways to start fights with each other in the morning so they can irritate me all day tomorrow too. I'm not going to think about that though. No, I'm going to sit here, with my itouch, and play scrabble because my only other option is to drink, but we don't have any wine or beer in the house and it's way too damn cold to go buy some.

I can't wait till Friday, when we have a babysitter coming. I enjoy paying someone else to listen to the fighting. It makes me happy!

2 comments:

Ann said...

Friend - All I can say is W.O.W! I feel bad laughing while reading this as I know it was not a fun day, but W.O.W! Love ya!

Lathan, Lauren, Logan, London said...

I love these new pics of the kids...so cute!

Sorry you guys had a rough day...we can TOTALLY relate!