Thursday, December 10, 2009

Naughty

Cade should be listed in the dictionary as a synonym for naughty. He is very manipulative. He knows just the right strings to pull and when to pull them. He must have a built in radar because he knows just that precise moment when his high pitched, blood curdling scream will send me over the edge.

Alright, he doesn't have to have a built in radar because his high pitched, blood curdling scream will send me over the edge any time, day or night.

However, he's very cute and that is probably why his manipulation works so well. He started talking at a very young age and there is nothing cuter than the sound of his little toddler voice. He can hold his own in a conversation and even persuade you with his bright, blue eyes. I have fallen victim to those looks numerous times. I have not always been proud of it, but I can admit it.

See, I just did and feel better already.

What is NOT cute is when he feels the need to play the drums...on his brother's head.

Naughty.

Or when he has a handful of 20+ cars and will not share, even one, with his siblings.

Naughty.

Or when he decides the cup he is drinking out of is not the one he wants, so he pries the cup he does want, out of his little brother's hands. This usually results in his little brother shrugging it off and grabbing Cade's old cup which only leads to an infuriated Cade who has now decided his first cup is the cup he wants.

Staying with me?

See...naughty!


Oh, but don't forget the whole book fiasco. You know, the one where Cade will tell Cody, "that's my book" just to get Cody riled up. But it doesn't stop at books, oh no, this little tactic of Cade's goes for anything. He loves to claim things as his own just to make his siblings mad. In fact, the words "that's mine" are banned from this house. They are bad words! My children are not allowed to say them!

That is probably why Cade does...NAUGHTY!


I think you're beginning to see a pattern here, probably a pattern most two year olds go through but the difference in my situation is, I have another one who will be there in 9 short months. Once Cade gets out of this two year old phase, my one year old will hit the dreaded milestone!

Awe, the joy of motherhood!

and yet, I wouldn't trade any of it...for anything!

3 comments:

Tasha said...

Cade's voice, eyes, and cuteness in general are a killer combination - he knows how to use what he's got! Hopefullly that will translate someday into a really great job so he can take good care of his mommy & daddy!!

Pam Roberts said...

Sounds like you may need a break soon! I'll have to find a way to get there.... fast!!

A Perfect Pandemonium said...

Start driving now!!! I think he is acting out because we haven't gotten to see you in a long time :(