Monday, November 23, 2009

Updates

Honestly, there really isn't much going on. Don't get me wrong, we still have our crazy day to day lives around here, but nothing out of the ordinary. In between school, screaming, fighting, homework, screaming, meal times, screaming, bath time, bed time, more screaming...there just doesn't seem like there is time left for me to do much else.

Oh, and some of that screaming is actually coming from the kids...a little of it is at least.

My boys are very well behaved and great kids...but they're boys. They have more energy than...I don't even know what. They can get just a few hours of sleep and still be bouncing off the walls the next day. Where their energy comes from, I have no idea.

I honestly can't complain too much because when I need them to settle down, they do. When I need them to go to sleep, they do. When I need them to just go in the other room and give me a few minutes to myself...they don't! I don't know what it is, but they have something against me having ANY.ALONE.TIME.AT.ALL!

They will go off and play by themselves, but it's like they have a built in radar and they know when I'm alone, and I guess they don't think I should be.

I know this is a time to be thankful, and I am very thankful for them. I love them more than anything in this world. Not a day goes by where I don't appreciate the things they do, the things they say, the way they make me laugh, and even the way they drive me insane. They are my life and I wouldn't trade anything...

...except maybe a little quiet because right now, at this moment in time, I don't remember what that's like!

2 comments:

Ann said...

LOVE the photo of the whole clan!! ;-)

Pam Roberts said...

Good picture!!