Thursday, June 25, 2009

When in Rome...

I am finally posting our last Europe post.  Hopefully we can do this again, we all had a great time!

On to the Rome pics...


This was our view just around the corner from our hotel



The Spanish Steps



Make a wish in this fountain and when it comes true, you have to return to Rome



The boys in front of the fountain



Later that night, the group all made wishes



The Ohlmer sisters waiting to get in to Vatican City



One of the many courtyards




you're not supposed to take pictures in the Sistine Chapel (which I didn't do...thanks though, Kyle!) but I'm glad a few ended up on my camera





A Swiss Guard



The window that is open is the Pope's window.  He kicked us out the night before.  We were looking around and his light was on.  While we were there, the police came and ushered everyone off the grounds and when we looked up, his light had turned off.  I guess when he's ready for bed, everyone has to leave!  Not many people can say they've been kicked out by the Pope.



The middle window is where the Pope comes out and addresses everyone



Shea with a couple of priests



After we were done at The Vatican, we ventured on over to the Colosseum


TJ



Kyle inside the Colosseum



The Dubberstein boys



Group shot



TJ and Me



Zach was very interested what the guide had to say



The place is massive.  The people look so tiny!!


That was it, the next morning we got on a plane and came home.  As happy as I was to see my boys, I still could have stayed and seen so much more!  I hope we all get to go back soon.

1 comment:

Jenni McCarty said...

I am totally jealous of your trip. I want to go to Europe so bad. Unfortunately, we are poor, ha. Maybe someday.