Thursday, February 23, 2012

Mardi Gras!

This summer, we took the boys to New Orleans on our way home from Florida.


We got to explain some of the fun stuff they do down there, so when Mardi Gras came around, I decided to make it a little fun for the boys this year...

First we made Mardi Gras masks


we did a little decorating:



The boys wanted to wear purple, yellow and green to school. Having a house full of boys, the purple is not so easy to come by though....

we did the best we could!


I found an awesome King Cake recipe! YUMMMM!!!



I hid the baby inside and I kept finding Cade trying to find out where it was hidden.



We had jambalaya for dinner, and I told the boys if they ate well, they would get some awesome desserts:

TJ ended up being the one who had the baby in his piece of cake. What the boys didn't know, was I had a baby hidden in one of the puddings. Since they assumed all babies had been found, Cody took a big bite of his pudding and was surprised to bite down on a little, plastic baby!

Now, he has a loose tooth. I'm sure the two are not related, but it's more fun to blame it on the baby!

Happy Fat Tuesday!

1 comment:

Pam Roberts said...

Let the good times roll!!