Monday, July 20, 2009

Family!

We love having family come into town.  Uncle Doug, Aunt Veronika, Danika, and Patrik came to visit us this weekend.  The boys loved it despite their attitudes they had off and on while they were here!

We got to go to the zoo, watch Cody at his basketball game, go swimming, hangout downtown and we also celebrated Danika's 6th birthday at Sumo, or favorite Japanese steakhouse!

I was not the smartest and left my camera at home on a few of these trips, but when I did have it, I took plenty of pictures.


Cade listening to music at the basketball game



Danika and Cole



Danika and Cade



Uncle Doug teaching Cody to swim



Uncle TJ throwing Patrik to his Daddy



Uncle Doug, Patrik, and Cade



Daddy throwing Cade up in the air



McKinly blow-drying Danika's hair before dinner



Cody at Sumo



The fire was a little scary



Danika trying to catch the egg in her mouth



McKinly's turn



Cody's turn



Patrik even got to try



Uncle Doug caught it!



Aunt Veronika caught it too!



Danika got to wear the birthday hat while they sang to her



All of us at the restaurant, minus Ty who was at his moms.


Danika spent the night with us one night while she was here.


McKinly painting her toes



Cody wanted a turn to paint them.  I only let him with the clear coat!



Danika and Cade playing tag



all the kids playing



Danika and Cody


The kids had a great time, I just wish we got to see them more often.

Hopefully we'll make it to Chicago around Christmas and be able to spend more time with them!

7 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I see you often take the kids out for Japanese - do they sit more quietly because of the entertainment?

I hate eating out with Charlotte because she's tired of sitting still by the time our food arrives. It just occurred to me that she might sit through that no problem!

Pam Roberts said...

Looks like you guys had a good visit. I love your new furniture!!

A Perfect Pandemonium said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
A Perfect Pandemonium said...

Pammy noticed! We like it too. I bet you'd like it better if you came up to see it in person :)

Elizabeth, MC would like one of those places I bet. There is something going on the whole time to keep her attention. Give it a try!

Kyle and Cortney said...

Um, you do remember what is 4 hours past Chicago....right?? ;)

A Perfect Pandemonium said...

great! does that mean you will meet us there? :)

Kyle and Cortney said...

I think it's possible that we could consider it!